General Worship Schedule
8:00 a.m. in Monteith Hall
9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary
During the school year, the 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. services are typically held in the Sanctuary, with the 8:00 a.m. service is in a more intimate setting, Monteith Hall. Our services include music, preaching, readings of Scripture, and prayer. Communion is celebrated weekly at the 8:00 a.m. service, and approximately once a month, usually the first Sunday of the month, at the 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. services. On those first Sundays, we invite all to bring nonperishable food items to share with those in need in our community. The food is collected in baskets as you enter, or brought down on the final hymn of each worship service. Each month, food is donated to a local food bank.
This Fall We CULTIVATE...
To cultivate means to actively prepare for planting. It also means to acquire or develop new qualities, sentiments and skills. As we welcome new ministers in residency, music, and youth, as well as an interim head-of-staff in October, all of us are cultivating new ways of being together as we integrate our various gifts into the service of Christ and the community.
Each week starting Labor Day weekend and ending in November, we will focus on a different aspect of our culture in Christ. We will cultivate our labors, our community, our creations, our campus and our talents in Christ. As you experience all that First Pres offers, how might you join us in our Christ-led cultivation?
- September 1 - Our Labors: Blessing of Our Labors
- September 8 - Our Community: Fall schedule resumes & Christian Education Kickoff
- September 15 - Our Creations: A Visit with David LaMotte
- September 22 - Our Campus: University Sunday,Game Night with Rev. Dr. Jason Santos
- September 29 - Our Talents: Stewardship Kick-Off Sunday
- October 6 - Cultivating Our Communion in Christ
- October 13 - Cultivating Our Giving in Christ
- October 20 - Cultivating Our Faith in Christ
- October 27 - Cultivating Our Commitment in Christ
- November 3 - Our Eternal LIfe
- November 10 - Our Collaboration
- November 17 - Our Commission
- November 23 - Our Gratitude
On Family Sundays children are encouraged to worship with their families. Family Sundays occur approximately once a month. Upcoming Family Sundays for 2019 are: October 6, November 3, and December 1.
Radio Worship is broadcast at 11:00 a.m. on WAAM (1600 AM) and on the web (www.waamradio.com/).