Find a way to join in, grow, and serve!
There are a multitude of oppotunities for those that would like to offer their time and talents as volunteers. Here are some brief description of the many ways you can get involved:
- Buildings and Grounds - Volunteer for events such as the annual fall leaf raking, tending the Memorial Garden, or occasional other weeding or planting projects.
- Children and Youth Ministries Volunteers - There are many ways to help within the childrens and youth ministries - from working in the crib room, to washing linens, to teach Sunday school, and more.
- Delonis Center Volunteers - Prepare a meal or serve food to the guests at the Delonis Center Shelter.
- Feeding Our Neighbors - food is collected after University of Michigan Football games to donate to those in need. Note: Feeding Our Neighbors has been moved to our Local Mission area on the website).
- Helping Hands Volunteers - Helping Hands provides occasional help to those within the congregation who might be in need of a meal, help with errands, transportation to appointments, or other occasional short-term or special needs.
- Office Volunteers - Assistance is needed in the Church Office on weekdays and on Sunday mornings to answer phones, help with simple office tasks (during the week), or provide guests or members with information.
- Sound System Volunteers - Assist in running the sounds system in the Sanctuary on Sunday and for other special services.
- Worship & Welcoming Volunteers - There are a multitude of opportunites to assist in the welcoming and as a worship volunteer. Serve as an usher, greeter, a welcome center volunteer, a lay reader, serve communion, or baking cookies.
- Congregational Life Committee - All members of the congregation are invited to become a member of one of these Congregational Life Committee work groups to help us with the indicated activities or other initiatives related to the mission of the Congregational Life Committee.
Deacons and Elders are important nominated volunteer positions within the church! For more information about becoming an Elder, visit our "Being an Elder" page. For more information on being a Deacon, visit our "Being a Deacon" page.