First Pres Campus Ministries, UKirk@UMich, is a UKirk Ministry, connecting it with the strong national Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) network of campus ministries. Rev. Evans McGowan is the Campus Ministries Coordinator and Resident Minister Rev. Amy Ruhf coordinates our outreach to graduate and professional students and young adults. As a team we reach out to Michigan students as well as those on neighboring campuses.
At UKirk@UMich we are building relationships with young adults who are thirsty for an authentic, welcoming community. Christ is calling us to meet with students wherever they are and to listen courageously to their stories. We look forward to thinking both compassionately and critically about how our Christian faith can respond to students’ personal lives, and challenge them to respond in service and to extend God’s justice and love to a hurting world.
We are here to deepen relationships through authentic conversations that empower us to faithful action and spiritual growth.
Our four key values:
- Intentional Relationship
- Informed Faith
- Inclusive Love
- Interactive Hope
Semester Weekly Schedule
- Sundays at 12 p.m.: College Lunch - FREE FOOD after the 11a.m. worship service.
- Mondays at 3 - 5 p.m.: Coffee Crew - FREE DRINK in the Michigan League with reserved study / break space.
- Fridays at 9 - 11 a.m.: Coffee Crew - FREE DRINK in the Michigan League with reserved study / break space.
- Small Group Bible Study - To Be Announced; please contact Evans (email@example.com) for more information
Monday, September 2: Tubing at 2 p.m. - Meet in Argo Park to go tubing after Northfest. We provide the #PizzaFloat AND the ice cream float.
Wednesday, September 4: Blank Slate at 8 p.m. - FREE ICE CREAM for Welcome Back
Friday, September 6: Festifall 2 - 6 p.m. - Find us on Ingalls Mall to hang out and meet other students, and also try your chance at tossing a ring to win a free cold drink!
Wednesday, September 11: Progressive Dinner at 5 p.m. and Helen Prejean at 7 p.m. (at FUMC).
Friday, October 18 - Sunday, October 20: Fall Retreat to Higgins Lake
Wednesday, December 11: Pancake Supper 10 p.m. - 12 a.m.
Wednesday, January 8 at 8 p.m.: Welcome Back Bowling at Revel 'n' Roll
March 1 - 8: Spring Break Service Trip to Puerto Rico
- Rev. Evans McGowan, Campus Ministries Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev. Amy Ruhf, Resident Minister, email@example.com