The Bible at 9:30 a.m.
9:30 - 10:45 a.m., "The Bible Speaks: What Does the Bible Say About...?"
So, what do Christians believe? Join the discussion to explore the big ideas of the Christian faith. The group turns to the Bible as the source book of our Christian faith. Bring your questions! The class is led by Rev. Ed Koster. All are welcome to attend this solid biblical study and robust discussion.
Discussion topics are:
- February 3 - Sin
- February 17 - Original Sin
- February 24 - Grace
There will be no meeting on January 27 so that all may worship and attend the Annual Meeting.
First Friends at 9:30 a.m.
Come for spiritual growth, learning, fellowship and support for couples and individuals. To find out more about this group and to view the schedule, visit our First Friends page.
First Forum is an opportunity for open dialogue, respect, and faithful disagreement. For upcoming dates and class descriptions, view our First Forums page.
Exploring the Faith at 11:00 a.m.
New Series - “Our Well-Being” (January 13 - March 3)
What does it mean to ‘be well’? This series will look at different aspects of Well-Being, from personal physical and mental health, to our relationships, our community, our organizational health, and, as we approach the Lenten season, our spiritual health.
- January 13 - “It Takes a Village” (Series Intro & Community Health) – Sandy Talbott
- January 20 - “Physical Well-Being” – Dr. Jim Peggs
- February 3 - “Mental Wellness” – Dr. Cindy Crawford
- February 10 - “Relationship Wellness” – Lisa Pasbjerg, DCSW
- February 17 - “Compassionate Organizations” – Dr. Jane Dutton
- February 24 - “What Does a Healthy PCUSA Church Look Like?” – Charon Baroncey, Presbytery of Detroit
- March 3 - “Working Towards a Healthy Faith Life”
Additional Reading and Study Groups
Other small groups, such as reading groups and bible studies, are also available. For more information visit our Small Groups page.