Mature Singles offers Christian Fellowship in a group where singles of all backgrounds are accepted and affirmed. It provides an opportunity for participants to grow spiritually and personally through worship, education, service, outreach, and recreational activities, and to socialize in a positive setting. Sunday morning gatherings include a lecture and discussion. Friday dinners are weekly and the schedule is available through the group contact. The age of most participants is 55 and up. For more information contact Marcy Toon, at email@example.com.
Mature Singles meets most Sundays during the year at 11:00 a.m. for fellowship and discussion.
- May 12 and 19 - Professor Waldemar Schmeichel will discuss the "Role of the Pope".
- May 26 - Singles will meet for conversation.
- May 27 - Annual Memorial Day picnic at Marsh View Meadows Park at 1 p.m. Plan to start eating at 1:30. Marsh View Meadows Park is located at 300 E. Textile Road, 1/2 mile east of S. State Rd. Please bring a table service, beverage, dish to pass, and if possible, a folding chair. Contact Marcy Toon (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- June 2 - Singles will attend the Church picnic.
- June 9 - Singles will watch the film A Time for Burning published by Lutheran Film Associates. The pastor of an all-white Lutheran church in Omaha, Nebraska tries to get his congregation to reach out to their fellow black Lutherans, only to find a wall of resistance among his church.
- June 16 - Mature Singles will meet for a potluck and planning meeting.
- June 23 - Singles will meet in the Curtis Room where Marcy Toon will review the book, Tinkers, by Paul Harding. "Tinkers is about the legacy of consciousness and the porousness of identity from one generation to the next. At once heartbreaking and life affirming, it is an elegiac meditation on love, loss, and the fierce beauty of nature."
- June 30 - Singles will watch the film, Pride of Lions, written and directed by John Woehrle and Louise Woehrle. "Pride of Lions presents Sierra Leone in a new light -- the story of what it means for a country and its people brutalized by an 11-year civil war to move beyond their scars."
Meet at 5:15 p.m., order dinner at 5:30 p.m. All are welcome!
- May 10 - Evergreen Restaurant, 2771 Plymouth Rd.
- May 17 - Max & Erma's, 445 E. Eisenhower Pkwy.
- May 24 - Knight's, 2324 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
- May 31 - TGI Fridays, 3015 W. Waters Rd.
- June 7 - Olive Garden, 445 E. Eisenhower Pkwy.
- June 14 - Metzger's German Restaurant, 305 N. Zeeb Rd.
- June 21 - Classic Cup Café, Parkland Center, 4389 Jackson Rd.
- June 28 - Outback Steakhouse, 3173 Oak Valley Dr.
- July 5 - Applebee's, 2310 Green Rd.
- July 12 - Panda House, 229 N. Maple Rd.
- July 19 - Knight's, 2324 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
- July 26 - Creekside, 5827 Jackson Rd.
- August 2 - Olive Garden, 445 E. Eisenhower Pkwy.
- August 9 - Metzger's German Restaurant, 305 N. Zeeb Rd.
- August 16 - Carlyle Bar & Grill, 3660 Jackson Rd.
- August 23 - Outback Steakhouse, 3173 Oak Valley Dr.
- August 30 - Classic Cup Café, Parkland Center, 4389 Jackson Rd.