Christmas Eve Worship
- Family Worship and Christmas Pageant - 3:00 p.m.
- Lessons and Carols - 5:00 and 7:00 p.m.
- Candlelight Service of Communion - 11:00 p.m.
Childcare on Christmas Eve
Need childcare? On Christmas Eve we provide childcare by reservation, for children at the 3:00, 5:00, and 7:00 p.m. services. If you would like childcare for a child in your family, make a reservation by contacting Rebeca Torres-Davenport, Transitional Coordinator of Children’s Education and Family Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-4466 ext 342.
Can you help with childcare? Additional childcare providers are needed for these services. If you can offer this wonderful gift to the families of our church, please call Rebeca Torres-Davenport, Transitional Coordinator of Children’s Education and Family Ministry at email@example.com or 662-4466 ext 342.
Please be considerate in parking choices as many visitors join us for worship on Christmas Eve. Overflow parking is available only at the Forest Street structure, a short walk down Forest Court, for our able-bodied members. Please do not park at the adjoining sorority houses.
Christmas Eve Offering
In keeping with the long tradition of supporting Mission with the Christmas Eve Offering, the Mission Committee has chosen the following recipients:
- FPC has long supported the Mar Elias Schools in Ibillin, Israel; the schools consist of more than 3000 students and faculty of Christian, Muslim, Jewish and Druze heritage, who come together as one community. A part of the Christmas Eve Offering will go to support a recently established after-school learning center, that is open to students and members of the local community. The learning center provides enrichment classes in many subjects, including drama, robotics, and chess.
- Support of the Hand in Hand Center for Jewish-Arab Education in Israel, a network of six schools in Israel that promotes bilingual, multicultural education for Jewish and Arab children, is a recent commitment of FPC. A part of this offering will go to support the newest school located in Haifa, which seeks to expand its bilingual integrated educational model from grade one to all elementary grades.
Children’s Gifts for the House by the Side of the Road
During the Christmas Pageant worship service at 3:00 p.m. on December 24, children bring an offering the gift of new socks or underwear. The socks and underwear can be purchased in any size and should be simply wrapped in plain tissue paper. During the pageant, the children bring their humble gifts forward to the manger. After Christmas they are taken to the House by the Side of the Road and given to those in need.
Sunday, December 30 - Worship
There will be one family worship service at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, December 30, 2018.