Strengthening Ourselves & Strengthening Others - Wednesdays, July 22, August 19, September 16, October 21, and November 18, Noon to 1:00 p.m. This enrichment series will provide opportunities for people to gather and listen to ways to STRENGTHEN AND GROW in their faith and beyond. Series leaders Beth Steward, Jane Dutton, and Diane Hockett will focus on sharing and working with the different practices that enable us to strengthen ourselves and others in ways that allow us to grow. Please come to one, two or all three sessions.
- July 22 - we will focus on Strengthening Through Self-Compassion and we ask you to read https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/the_power_of_self_compassion before our session.
- August 19 - we will engage around Strengthening through Gratitude and would encourage you to read https://www.self.com/story/gratitude-benefits.
- September 16 - is devoted to Strengthening through Belonging and we have chosen this article to read before we meet https://thriveglobal.com/stories/the-transformational-power-of-belonging/
- October 21 - Strengthening Through Connection https://www.ted.com/talks/worklife_with_adam_grant_we_don_t_have_to_fight_loneliness_alone
- November 18 - Strengthening Through Crafting a Positive Identity https://myclass.dau.edu/bbcswebdav/institution/Courses/Deployed/ACQ/ACQ453/Student_Materials/Being%20A%20Contribution.pdf