Knowing how busy our church families are during the Advent/Christmas season, we have designed a “come-one come all” Christmas Pageant for children ages 3 and older. Children ages three and older are invited to participate in the Christmas Pageant Worship Service at 3:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Our children’s choirs and youth choirs sing in the pageant. There are non-speaking parts for a multitude of children and parents ‑ ‑ Starbearers, Angels, Shepherds and Magi.
Here are some basic age guidelines:
- Children age 3 through kindergarten are usually starbearers;
- usually children 1st and 2nd grade are shepherds;
- usually children 1st through 5th are angels;
- usually children 3rd through 5th are Magi.
- This can vary a little, but after years of rehearsals we find this seems to work the best.
On December 2 at 11:00 in the Lewis Room there is an all‑parent informational meeting. At this meeting parents will learn more details about costumes and the rehearsal schedule. There are only two pageant rehearsals ‑ one in the morning, Saturday, December 15 and the other, the final dress rehearsal, Saturday, December 22, from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. The rehearsal on December 15 is divided by pageant parts, so each group only comes for about ½ an hour. There will be details at the parent meeting on December 2. Costumes will also be discussed and handed out at the parent meeting.