Living God's Love
God’s blessings on each of us are without end. As a church, we worship together, we celebrate new life and new love together, we strive to raise thoughtful loving children together, we mourn the loss of loved ones and celebrate their lives together, and we work shoulder to shoulder to carry out mission work together. Each of us has the ability to live God’s love every day and make our world a brighter place. As a congregation, and as part of God’s Church universal, that impact is magnified exponentially. The benefits and rewards are abundant and eternal. How then will we show our gratitude and share God’s light in the world?
First Pres, and each of us, are called to be there for one another and to live God’s love in all we do. As we learn about Jesus and strive to be the disciples he calls us to be, we realize it takes intentional action to make a positive impact in this world. First Pres provides each of us with meaningful worship, Christian education, community, and enriching mission opportunities. We are called to intentionally engage in this work. By pledging your financial support, as well as your time and talent, you ensure that the vibrant ministries and outreach at First Pres will continue. Please intentionally act today and complete your pledge forms. Thank you for your prayerful consideration!
How Much To Pledge
- We are called to live God’s love in all we do. Supporting God’s church with our time, talent, and treasure is a tangible way to respond to this call.
- Tithing is the Biblical standard of giving 10% of annual income to the church. Some achieve this goal, some set it as a goal.
- If you currently pledge to First Pres, please consider increasing the amount of your annual gift as you are able, to move closer to 10%.
- If you don’t currently pledge, please make this the year that you start. You will join others who ensure the continued thriving ministries at First Pres.
- Every pledge is important to First Pres! No pledge is too large or too small if it’s given in gratitude to God.
- Your giving level is strictly confidential. Nobody in the congregation has access to individual pledge amount information.
Our 2019 Stewardship Challenge
- The 2019 pledge goal is $1,700,000, which is a 1.5% increase over 2018 actual pledges.
- 80% of FPC’s annual income comes from pledges.
- If the pledge goal is not met, all ministries at First Pres receive less funding to match expenses to income.
- Meeting all ministry needs requires support from all members!
Expenditures By Ministry
Under careful deliberation of Session and guidance by church staff, your pledge is used to support First Pres’ activities in roughly the following percentages:
- First Pres finances are reviewed annually by an independent CPA firm.
- Session sets and manages the Church budget each year and makes adjustments based on funds available.
- Pledges are important as they represent funds that the church can count on when setting the annual budget.