First Friends is a self-directed adult group that discusses a variety of religious and spiritual topics. The group provides a safe/confidential place for people to share concerns and receive Christian support. The group usually has a monthly social event during the fall and winter. Open to all!
Normally meets September - May, on Sundays from 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- September 8 - Old Testament: Judges- DVD #13
- September 15- Dr. Douglas Brouwer video: A Great Multitude No One Could Count (https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=112&v=PFnDUrO1Abo)
- September 22 - Pray and Wash: A New Movement Brings Church to the People by Jeffrey MacDonald.
- September 29 - Why are Christians Leaving the Church? (“Michigan residents leaving the Catholic Church as many turn away from religion.” MLive article April 29, 2019,.)
- October 6 - Bad Girls of the Bible by Barbara Essex. “Eve: Willful or Wise.”
- October 13 - Residents
- October 20 - Life as a journalist in NYC (Beth Nissen)
- October 27 - Milan Prison (Elsa Stuber)
- November 3 - Residents
- November 10 - Listening to Jesus as a Jew by Amy-Jill Levine
- November 17 - Israel Trip (Reddings)
- November 24 - Israel Trip (Reddings)
- December 1 - Thanksgiving weekend
- December 8 - Altar in the World by Barbara Brown Taylor. "The Practice of Waking up to God."
- December 15 - Altar in the World by Barbara Brown Taylor. "The Practice of Paying Attention."
- December 22 - Altar in the World by Barbara Brown Taylor. "The Practice of Walking on the Earth."
- January 5 - Altar in the World by Barbara Brown Taylor. "The Practice of Getting Lost."
For more information, contact Carole Pawloski, at 734-645-4960, or firstname.lastname@example.org.