Grace & Gratitude
"Grace is something you can never get but only be given. The grace of God means something like: Here is your life. You might never have been, but you are because the party wouldn’t have been complete without you. Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don’t be afraid. I am with you. Nothing can ever separate us. It’s for you I created the universe. I love you. There’s only one catch. Like any other gift, the gift of grace can be yours only if you reach out and take it.” -- Frederick Buechner
- It is with gratitude that we respond to the indescribable, and unearned, gift of God’s grace.
- Gratitude is our thanksgiving translated into action. It’s our daily, joyful response as individuals and as a congregation to God’s amazing grace.
- Our response takes many forms: sharing our faith, sharing our time, sharing our talents, sharing our fellowship, and sharing our financial resources.
Why We Pledge
Pledging is a tangible way to express our gratitude. It opens our hearts and minds to the awareness that all of life is a wondrous gift. It fosters faithfulness and mutual responsibility. This congregation can carry out its numerous ministries only with the active financial and service support of our members. These ministries – from worship to mission, from education to congregational life – are what mark us as Christians.
How Much To Pledge
No pledge is too small or too large if it reflects your gratitude to God. The very act of pledging serves to demonstrate shared gratitude and commitment to spreading the good news of God’s grace. Every pledge matters!
One traditional way to pledge is percentage giving, calculating your pledge to be a percentage of your annual income. This is a biblical practice—dedicating the “first fruits” of one’s labor. Traditionally, a tithe is understood to be 10%. Some people give at this level, but not everyone feels able to do so. If you are a first-time giver, consider giving 3% or 5% of your annual income. If you already give annually, challenge yourself to raise the percentage of your giving. No matter what you give, the goal is to discover and commit to a level of giving that honors God’s grace while increasing your joy.
Our 2017 Stewardship Goals
- Our pledge goal for Stewardship 2017 is $1,700,000, an increase of 3% over the 2016 pledge goal.
- Our member participation goal is 100%! We hope every member will pledge.
- For those who pledged in 2016, please consider an increase of at least 3%.
- For those new to pledging, please consider making this the year you begin to practice this act of discipleship through giving, no matter the amount.
- 81% of our total income is derived from pledges. We need your support.
Expenditures By Ministry
We are financially self-sustaining, and each year we match our expenses to our income. After estimating the allocation of certain common expenses, expenditures by our four primary ministries are as follows:
- Decisions on the use of our financial resources are made by the Session after prayerful deliberation to discern God’s direction and priorities.
- Each year our books are independently reviewed. Your giving level is confidential. No one in the congregation has access to individual pledge amounts.