The Resident Ministry Endowment Campaign is now underway! Learn more about the endowment and how you can help on the Resident Ministry Endowment page.
Let us live out the teachings of Jesus who taught us to love and serve one another.
We invite you!
- If you made a financial commitment for 2012 and you are able – GROW your contribution for 2013.
- If you have never made a financial commitment – JOIN US THIS YEAR.
- Make a financial commitment, even a small one, in order for our church to be able to provide ongoing ministry and mission. Our goal is to have at least 65% of members making a financial commitment.
Our 2013 Stewardship Goals
Our financial goal is $1,678,000 - $155,000 above last year's goal - a 10% increase. This increase is needed to fund the following:
- Vibrant Resident Ministry Program: Our Lilly Foundation Grant requires that we fund half the annual cost of our three resident ministers. The reserve funds we tapped to cover this cost in 2012 have been depleted. We hope to raise funds in the future to endow this program. For now, our annual budget must fund these positions.
- Increased utilities and Operational expenses: We have maintained tight control on day-to-day costs but face the need for additional dollars for 2013 to fund increases in heating and lighting costs, necessary building and equipment repairs, janitorial services, and insurance.
Why should I make a financial commitment and not just give when the collection plate comes around?
Just as your family functions best on a predictable income, so does our church. No funds are spent without prayerful consideration. Mission partners depend upon First Pres - our ministries are growing and engaging more people of all ages. Even if your income is uncertain, make a commitment based on your best estimate.
What should I give?
First and foremost, all of us should make a commitment to give. As you are in prayer with God, take a moment to:
- Review the Giving Steps Chart below. The Chart indicates where our fellow members are in their monthly giving to our church in 2012.
- Consider what God gives you. What does that mean for you, your family, and your life in faith and service? The Biblical standard for giving is one-tenth of your income.
- Fill out the Financial Commitment form and turn it in either on Commitment Sunday (October 28, 2012) or to the Church Office.
- Complete the Opportunity to Serve form and check at least one way you can serve in the mission and ministries of our church.
How is God Calling You to Serve?
Stewardship involves more than making a financial commitment. Everything we have is a gift from God. We enrich our lives and the lives of others by cheerfully giving back a portion of those things with which we have been blessed. Giving of our time and talents is a way we can be stewards of the gifts God gives us.
The Opportunity to Serve form describes ways in which you can participate through service. Please review the form and check at least one way you can serve in the missions and ministries of our church in 2013. We ask that you fill it out and return it with your financial committment. We are truly blessed to have the opportunity to be involved in the good works of our church!