"They devoted themselves to the apostles teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers." - Acts 2:42
All are welcome at Wednesday 2:42, our intergenerational, mid-week program. It takes its name from the Bible passage, Acts 2:42 and is held on Wednesday evenings from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. The Fall 2014 Wednesday 2:42 dates are September 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, November 5, 12.
This year, Wednesday 2:42 will focus on our churchwide theme paraphrased from Micah 6:8: "Just, kind, humble...called!"
Sign up for Wednesday 2:42 here! The cost of dinner for the semester is $40 per person.
Wednesday 2:42 Schedule
- 5:00 p.m. - Pelican Play for middle schoolers and adults, led by Rev. Dr. Jim Monnett (RJ)
- 5:15 p.m. - Children’s Choirs led by Tom and Dois Granum
- 6:00 p.m. - Dinner and Extraordinary Fellowship
- 7:00 p.m. - Adult Education, High School Bible Study, and elementary activities for those whose parents are attending classes.
The Breaking of Bread: An all-church dinner begins at 6:00 p.m. Meals are delicious and we usually have leftovers for you to take home. We encourage you to bring your own tupperware container as our church tries to be environmentally thoughtful. We also have some available if you prefer to use ours. If you wish to sign up for dinner on a weekly basis you must call the church office by close of business on the Monday preceding the Wednesday you would like to attend --- 662-4466. The individual meal cost is $6 per person. We look forward to seeing you at Wednesday 2:42 starting September 24 … don’t miss out!
High School Offering at 7:00 p.m.
Muggles & Mayhem for High Schoolers
This new high school bible study group meets September 24 through October 22 from 7:00 - 7:45 p.m. Come join RJ for a closer look at the Book of Ephesians and what it says about the nature of evil.
Adult Education Offerings at 7:00 p.m.
After You Believe: Why Christian Character Matters by N. T. Wright
This study addresses the question that has plagued humans for centuries – what is our purpose? What are we to do with that ambiguous time between baptism and the funeral? The real challenge is how we are going to live in the here and now. Led by Al Powell.
Global Mission Forum
- September 24 - "Can Charity Be Toxic?", Rev Lindsay Conrad explores Robert Lupton’s book, Toxic Charity: How Churches and Charities Hurt Those They Help. Hear how real helping changes things.
- October 1 - "Seeing Mission Differently", Gather with Rev. Jay Sanderford to explore how First Pres is becoming more missional, more relational and more a partner to our local and global mission partners.
- October 8 - "First Pres and Nicaragua", Experience life and faith in Nicaragua as our First Pres Nicaragua Mission Team shares stories, offers photos, sings, and tells of our growing relationship with the Council of Protestant Churches.
- October 15 - "Mission Partnership in Russia in 2014", The Russia Mission Team shares information about First Pres’ mission partnership with with the Russian Orthodox Church and a special education program in Davydovo and their work there this past summer.
Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate?
October 22, 29, November 5, and 12 - Rev. Melissa Anne Rogers unpacks this award winning book that helps ease the challenges of distributing personal possessions.
Call the church office at 734-662-4466 and ask for Debbie MacVey, Director of Children's Ministries, who can fill you in on anything for any age, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers: We need you at 2:42!
Come be a part of our wonderful mid-week program by volunteering to assist Chef Christine with preparing the delicious 2:42 dinners. Wednesday 2:42 Fall 2014 dates are September 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, November 5, 12. Shifts are from 4:00-6:00 p.m. Please contact Jennifer Sansbury at 662-4466 ext. 343 or email@example.com to sign up for one shift or several!