ConnectEd Conversions This Summer
Join us this summer, starting Sunday, June 18, for "ConnectEd Conversations" at 10:45a.m. in the French Room/Library. Along with the day's scripture readings, our summer reads around justice, mercy, and humility will be the foundation for this time of casual conversation and reflection. All are welcome!
The Bible at 9:30 a.m.
9:30 - 10:45 a.m., French Room/Library
Last class - June 4, 2017. We will resume on September 10, 2017.
Join us for Bible exploration, presentation and conversation. The Bible @ 9:30 continues an intriguing study of the Gospel of Luke and the book of Acts. The class is led by Rev. Ed Koster. All are welcome!
First Couples at 9:30 a.m.
Classes will resume in Fall 2017!
Come for spiritual growth, learning, fellowship and support for couples and individuals. To find out more about this group and to view the schedule, visit our First Couples page.
Additional Reading and Study Groups
Other small groups, such as reading groups and bible studies, are also available.
- Women’s Bible Study - All are welcome to join the Women’s Bible study group, which meets Tuesdays beginning January 10, 2017 from 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. in the Curtis Room. The group will meet for seven weeks and study the book of Jonah using the workbook and DVD series by Priscilla Schirer. In the study, Schirer talks about listening to God and navigating a life interrupted as we follow the Lord’s leading. The workbook includes daily studies which will be discussed each week before viewing a DVD. Workbooks will be available for purchase ($15) on January 10. For more information contact Lois Nissly at 761-2925, Anne Kloack at 973-282, Lorna Prescott at 255,5296, or Mary Kay Gray at 971-7079.
- A Men’s Study Group - Every other Friday morning, a group of men meets to read Scripture, pore over one of Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s classic books, and discuss practical, down-to-earth matters of faith. In January 2017 the Men’s Study Group will meet on Fridays, January 6 and 20 at 8:00 a.m. The Men’s Study Group generally meets the first and third Friday mornings in the Lewis Room on Fridays for coffee, study, and conversation. Several guys have volunteered to be our leaders for the next month including John LeDuc, Rol Kibler and Chris Queen. More Bonhoeffer books are available. All are welcome! Questions? Contact Rev. Jay Sanderford, firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-4466, ext. 340.
- Kerygma Bible Study Group— meets at different members' homes on Sunday evenings, approximately every two weeks, using a Kerygma resource book on a specific book of the Bible. Join us by contacting Judy Stuart for dates and times, email@example.com
- Moms' Bible Study - Second and fourth Thursdays, 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.. Women of all ages are invited to attend this twice-monthly Bible study in the Founders Room. For more information, contact Diana Gardner, firstname.lastname@example.org or Rev. Angela Ryo at email@example.com.
- Advent and Lenten Groups - During Advent and Lent, small groups meet once a week to read and discuss a particular book selected for the entire church to read during that holy season.
To get in a small group for Bible study, or for more information on book groups, discussion groups, or Advent and Lenten groups, contact Rev. Rogers, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, several fellowship groups meet in homes twice each month. For more information, contact Rev. Melissa Anne Rogers, email@example.com 662-4466, ext. 390. These groups engage in meaningful Bible study and Christian fellowship.