Deacons are ordained officers of the church who provide spiritual comfort and other assistance to regionally-based groups of member families in the church, called chapels. A large group of chapels forms a Quadrant.
- Quad A (Zip Code 48105, plus Dexter) — Quad A Leader: Heidi Dodson
- Quad B (Zip Code 48104) — Quad B Leader: Nancy Fox
- Quad C (Zip Code 48103) — Quad C Leader: Polly Pan
- Quad D (Zip Code 48108, plus outlying areas) — Quad D Leader: Nancy Pflasterer
Quadrant A is the membership of our church that lives in northeast Ann Arbor, and the areas outside of Ann Arbor, north and east of the city and includes, Pinckney, and Hamburg; Quadrant B is the area immediately surrounding our church, including the University of Michigan; Quadrant C is predominantly the west side of Ann Arbor; Quadrant D includes Ypsilanti, Saline, Brooklyn, Chelsea, Belleville, Milan, Grass Lake, Manchester, Tecumseh, Gregory, Northville, Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Livonia, Novi, Plymouth, Canton, Willis, Lansing, Flint, Howell, Brighton, South Lyon, Whitmore Lake, and other outlying areas.
Each Quadrant holds an annual potluck brunch on a Sunday after the 11:00 worship service. To learn or verify your chapel number and deacon’s name, contact the Rev. Melissa Anne Rogers, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 662-4466, ext. 390.
QUADS - Chapels and Deacons
2017 Co Moderators: Jill Binkley and Jane Myers
Secretary: Linda Upton
Consultant: Doug Gottliebsen
Quad A (Zip Code 48105*), Quad A Leader: Heidi Dodson
(*Plus Barton Hills, North Ann Arbor, and Dexter)
- Chapel 10 - Brad Taylor
- Chapel 11 - Bonnie Palmquist
- Chapel 12 - Nancy Rugani
- Chapel 13 - Chris Argersinger, Barb Ladewski, Sue Rigterink, Judy Slade
- Chapel 14 - Gayle Stevens, Linda Upton
- Chapel 15 - Al Barber
- Chapel 16 - Paula Doering
- Chapel 17 - Barbara Brewster, Holly Majorprice
QUAD B (Zip Code 48104), Quad B Leader: Nancy Fox
- Chapel 20 - Angie Miller
- Chapel 21 - Michelle Derr
- Chapel 22 - Chris Queen
- Chapel 23 - Marolin Bellefleur
- Chapel 24 - Carol Downton
- Chapel 25 - Mark Endicott
- Chapel 26 - Becky Gaffney
- Chapel 27 - Ellen Johnson
- Chapel 28 - Jim Dickinson
Quad C (Zip Code 48103), Quad C Leader: Polly Pan
- Chapel 30 - Ron Gulbranson
- Chapel 31 - Lisa Danielson
- Chapel 32 - Cathy McKenny
- Chapel 33 - Rob Bauman
- Chapel 34 - Norm Samuelson
- Chapel 35 - Lynn Milroy
- Chapel 36 - Ann Nicklas
- Chapel 37 - Mary Lynn Thomson, Tom McKarns
- Chapel 38 - Gail Grady
- Chapel 39 - Jean Song
Quad D (Zip Code 48108 *Plus), Quad D Leader: Nancy Pflasterer
(*Plus Saline, Belleville, Brooklyn, Milan, Carlton, Ypsilanti, Chelsea, Grass Lake, Manchester, Tecumseh, Gregory, Northville, Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Livonia, Novi, Plymouth, Canton, Willis, Whitmore Lake, Brighton, South Lyon, Howell)
- Chapel 40 - Nicole Jolliet
- Chapel 41 - Doris Granum
- Chapel 42 - Michele Madden, Missy Smith Potter
- Chapel 43 - Margie Perrett, Sheila Bilby
- Chapel 44 - Gail Einhaus, Mary Ann Pierce
- Chapel 45 - Sheila Deskins
- Chapel 46 - Ross Anderson
- Chapel 47 - Betty Halliday, Lee Evans
- Chapel 48 - George Hendrickson
- Chapel 77 - Carole Hendrickson
Deacon’s responsibilities include:
- Attend a monthly meeting to share information about church activities, plan events, grow in faith and fellowship, and gain valuable resources for their ministry.
- Contact members regularly by phone call, email, and visits to build community, lend support, share information, or ascertain needs. Deacons share relevant and appropriate information about church members with the pastoral staff so that all feel cared for in their time of need. With the staff, deacons “rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.”
- Provide support at the time of birth of a new baby with a home visit, rosebud, and resource gift bag including hand-knit baby blanket. Deacons also act as baptism hosts for families presenting infants for baptism, lending help at the morning worship service and providing support.
- Welcome new members to the church and their chapel by attending the new member breakfasts held four times a year and remaining in consistent contact with new members of First Pres.
- Provide support during hospitalization or bereavement through cards, visits, meals and errands during convalescence. Deacons also access our Helping Hands or Stephen Ministry groups as needed.
- Hold annual fellowship brunches for their chapel members and support all-church fellowship events.
- Coordinate our twice-yearly Red Cross blood drive.
- Work with our church elders to serve communion at our weekly and monthly communion services.
- Deliver flowers from our worship service weekly, and special plants during holiday times, to our members in need, those grieving, or those with special birthdays or joys.
- Hold special services of worship several times a year at local care facilities.
- Get to know other deacons and church officers, modeling good ties of fellowship and friendship for our church members.